Artificial Intelligence is a Buzzword in the Industry today and for a good reason. AI or Artificial Intelligence has already made so much progress in the Technological field and according to a Gartner Report, Artificial Intelligence is going to create 2.3 million Jobs by 2020, replacing the 1.8 million it will eliminate. So, Let’s get started with this Artificial Intelligence Tutorial in the following order:
AI is a technique that enables machines to mimic human behavior. Artificial Intelligence is the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks normally requiring human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making and translation between languages.
If you ask me, AI is the simulation of human intelligence done by machines programmed by us. The machines need to learn how to reason and do some self-correction as needed along the way.
Artificial Intelligence is accomplished by studying how human brain thinks, learns, decide, and work while trying to solve a problem, and then using the outcomes of this study as a basis of developing intelligent software and systems. So, Let’s continue this Artificial Intelligence Tutorial and understand it’s importance.
Importance of Artificial Intelligence:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has made it possible for machines to learn from experience and grow to perform human-like tasks. A lot of flashy examples of Artificial Intelligence you hear about like Self Driving Cars, Chess Playing Computers rely heavily on Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing. Using these technologies, computers can be trained to accomplish specific tasks by processing large amounts of data and recognizing patterns in the data.
There are a lot of Areas which contribute to Artificial Intelligence namely:
- Computer Science
If we have a look at the Importance of Artificial Intelligence:
- AI automates Repetitive Learning and discovery through data. Artificial Intelligence performs frequent, high-volume, computerized tasks reliably and without fatigue
- AI adds intelligence to existing products. In most cases, AI will not be sold as an individual application. Rather, products you already use will be improved with AI capabilities, much like Google Assistant was added as a feature to a new generation of Mobile Phones.
- AI adapts through progressive learning algorithms to let the data do the programming. The algorithm becomes a classifier or a predictor. So, just as the algorithm can teach itself how to play any game, it can teach itself what product to recommend next online.
- AI analyzes more and deeper data using neural networks that have many hidden layers. You need lots of data to train deep learning models because they learn directly from the data. The more data you can feed them, the more accurate they become.
- AI achieves incredible accuracy through deep neural networks, which was previously impossible. AI techniques from deep learning, image classification, and object recognition can now be used to find cancer on MRIs with the same accuracy as highly trained radiologists.
Now, Let’s continue this Artificial Intelligence Tutorial and understand the various applications of Artificial Intelligence in the industry.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
There are various applications of Artificial Intelligence in the Industry, here are a few of the important ones that are present in our Day to Day tasks.
- Speech Recognition
- Machine Translation
- Facial Recognition and Automatic Tagging
- Virtual Personal Assistants
- Self Driving Car
Domains of Artificial Intelligence:
Artificial Intelligence covers a lot of Domains Nowadays. Let’s continue this Artificial Intelligence Tutorial and discuss the Major Domains with heavy research going on which are namely:
Neural Networks area class of models within the general machine learning literature. Neural networks are a specific set of algorithms that have revolutionized machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Robotics is a branch of AI, which is composed of different branches and application of robots. AI Robots are artificial agents acting in a real-world environment. Artificial Intelligence Robot is aimed at manipulating the objects by perceiving, picking, moving, and destroying it.
In artificial intelligence, an expert system is a computer system that emulates the decision-making ability of a human expert. It is a computer program that uses artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to simulate the judgment and behavior of a human or an organization that has expert knowledge and experience in a particular field.
Fuzzy Logic Systems:
Fuzzy logic is an approach to computing based on “degrees of truth” rather than the usual “true or false” (1 or 0) Boolean logic on which the modern computer is based. Fuzzy logic Systems can take imprecise, distorted, noisy input information.
Fuzzy logic is a solution to complex problems in all fields of life, including medicine, as it resembles human reasoning and decision making.
Natural Language Processing:
Natural Language Processing (NLP) refers to the Artificial Intelligence method of communicating with intelligent systems using a natural language.
By utilizing NLP and its components, one can organize the massive chunks of text data, perform numerous automated tasks and solve a wide range of problems such as – Machine translation, Named Entity Recognition, Sentiment Analysis, Speech Recognition, and Topic Segmentation etc.